Re: Sabbatical replacement and Dollars

I feel that university professors should be getting paid much more
that the high school teachers that they often have to teach.
Am I wrong???

As a high school( public) teacher, I am not sure of what is right here.
We have more resposibility in terms of daily supervision. Teaching 5
classes a day, five days a week. In my case it is 4 levels of Physics, 2
for IB, one AP and a conceptual Physics class. No lab tech support. No
grading help. 180
or so days a year. Very little opportunity for consulting or publishing.
Certainly the University profs know more Physics and perhaps influence
more students at a time. I am sure I could learn more about their
pressures.

Thought in the midst of my May fatique, I would share these thoughts.

Ken Fox