Re: Scientific Word Processors

If you are comfortable with MIcrosoft WORD, then I strongly recommend
MATHTYPE.

It is an extension of the equation editor in WORD (made by the same
folks), it is pretty easy to use, and it allows extremely easy insertion
of equations into a WORD document, thus no need to worry about putting
in text also.

I bought MathType some years ago and use it with everything on my computer.
Any program that can accept a graphics file can be used with MathType. I
believe that it also links to TeK, but I'm not a user of that system so i
don't knot for wure.

MathType is easy to use, has oodles of things you can do, including logic
symbols and arrays and you can create your own mathematical macros. I
highly recommend it, regardless of which WP you use. It comes in Mac OS and
also a Windoze version for the computationally challenged.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in html yet, but I understand they're
working on that.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>