Re: Grading & EXcel

I think the answers about copying into separate columns, sorting, and
summing do provide the answer to Dan's original question. A macro would
only be needed if you needed to sort and sum on every reentry. If this is
done just at the end of the semester, the sorting could be done
manually--once.

I would offer another technique--one that works OK if you are only dropping
one or two scores. You have to manually pick out the low score(s) for each
student, but then reenter them as text (either start with a space or use the
' key.) This leaves the score visible but it won't be included in the
summing of the row/column in which it appears. I also change the text color
of these scores so I can later pick them out easily. I've done this with
classes of 70 students and find it is fairly easy to do.

Rick