Buoyant Bullets

At 18:06 10/30/97 -0400, Ludwik wrote:

John, did you try to invent a retarding force formula (nonlinear in any way
you wish) which would produce a lift equal to the weight? That would be
even more amazing (even if only one value of v satisfied --> Lift=m*g).

Ludwik seems readily amazed today - so let me do my little to help.
How about a retarding force formula *greater* than the bullet's weight.

Gee whizz! That means that a bullet fired straight down at mach 2

brian whatcott <>
Altus OK