Re: Ealing 3.75m air track VS Pasco tracks??

We still have four of our original 3.75 m Ealing tracks plus four shorter
tracks purchased from (?). We have used them extensively since their
purchase in 1968. We have trouble keeping blowers running. Originally we
used sears shop vacs and then later blowers obtained from various sources.

The biggest disadvantage of the tracks is the noise the blowers make.

The pasco tracks of course make no noise and are much cheaper than the air
tracks. If I were starting from scratch right now I would probably choose
the tracks.

One advantage of the tracks is that one can load up the Pasco carts with a
much larger mass than one can the air carts. This is useful if you want to
exert a constant force with a force sensor and measure the acceleration.
With the air carts large masses added tend to make them drag. The small
mass and nearly zero friction of the cart give them such a large
acceleration under forces which can be conveniently measured with a force
sensor that it is physically difficult to keep up with them.

We will probably purchase tracks in the near future and use both depending
on the particular application.