Re: The troubles -Reply

In the US roughly 10% of our total energy used goes to public and commercial
transportation systems. The majority of that must be used in cities and
between cities on either coast. Probably not more than 2% goes to moving
material and goods any significant distance. Even if our energy use were
reduced by 5% we'd still be more or less average in efficiency among
industrialized countries. With 5% of the world's population we account
for 22% of the energy consumed world wide. The causes problems with the
balance of payments, and the high energy costs of our products makes it
difficult for us to compete in many foreign markets.