Re: Einstein

Unbelieveable...In never realize how narrow sighted are of some of the
people on this list. You attack the man and ignore his words. He is one
hundred percent correct when he says that what is communicated in the
classroom in the beingness of the teacher. And I am really sorry for the
students of the those of you who think that his personal relationships,
of which you really know only what you have read, somehow override the
importance of what he is saying.

I believe he was probably talk to those people when he said: "Great
Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

I had a professor who went orgasmic over Maxwell's Equations. His
excitement about Physics was determinative in (1) my decision to teach
and (2) my working harder. His beingness, his excitement told me that
there was something I was missing by just doing homework and solving
problems. This professor later went through a divorce. Should I discount
everything he communicated because of this.

Gentlemen, mayhap Donald was correct. If you are more interested in
Einstein's marriages that what he has to say to you as educators then
maybe you should get out of the classroom and go into research.

Ray Rogoway
Independence High School
San Jose, CA

"Concern for man himself and his fate must always form the chief
interest of all technical endeavors...in order that the creations of our
mind shall be a blessing and not a curse to mankind. Never forget this
in the midst of your diagrams and equations."

Albert Einstein, alleged womanizer