Re: Re FLOW of energy

At 10:13 AM 9/1/97 EDT, Ludwik wrote:

Why is it bad physics to say that there is a flow of 500 J of energy, from
cube A to cube B, during the equilibrating process?

The question which is more interesting to me is why is there so much
resistance to saying it correctly? It doesn't seem any harder to say!

Something like "The internal energy of cube A increases by 500 J and that of
cube B decreases by 500 J"?

Which word there is so hard to say that this language is so strongly resisted?

If one really can't abide not using the word "heat", say that block A did
"heat on block B. We have no trouble saying things like block A did "work"
on block B when that is appropriate.

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com