Leaves turning over...

Greetings. I'm not sure if this is worth sending or not, but it
has been a question that has been bothering me for quite some time and
I'm not sure who else to ask.
Is it true that leaves turn over right before it rains? Here in
Ohio with all of the deciduous(sp?) trees, I've notice that the lighter
colored bottoms of the leaves are more visible right before it rains.
I've always thought it was more related to the winds rather than an
approaching storm. If it is true, what is the cause of the leaves
turning over?
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dwight Souder
dsouder@juno.com