Re: STELLA

Santos:

I have used STELLA for interdisciplinary HS science. You can see some of the
more recent STELLA works done by similar students at the Peddie School. I left
Peddie and new science instructor took over this project. You can visit the
site at WWW.Peddie.k12.nj.us and browse to the Principio Project. STELLA does
all it claims to be able to do and has a fairly gentle learning curve. The
engine is very powerful and this one engine is used for all of science,
economic, statistic parts of the program. One of the more important aspects of
STELLA is that is ideal for a constructvist environment in education. Of the
thirty students in this program, two were capitivated by it and were
"turned-on" to an science education that might have been missed if we had not
had STELLA as a resource. I would also suggest that you contact Pat Clements,
Director of the Principio Project for further "proof" of it usefulness
pclement@peddie.k12.nj.us.

Good Luck
Jim Ealy
Education by Demonstration