Piaget and asundry

Hi Folks,
I haven't left. Just taking a hiatus, but reading the list avidly. I'm
enjoying the PC vs MAC thread and think it is appropriate here as most of us
are faced with this decision as part of our physics professional life.

Several days back, someone brought up the use of MAPLE (or was it
MATHEMATICA) in the introductory class; and made the comment about how the
use of this calculational technology would enable students much earlier in
their careers to investigate more abstract and sophisticated material; I
think even implying its use in lower grades than university ones. There are
limits to this, which I think Piaget addressed.

Joel