Computers

Hi Physics Phriends,

Is this a good time to bring up buying PC vs. MAC? I think this thread was
on last year. I'll have to make that decision in the spring of 1998 when I
retire and want to up grade my home based Mac SE-30 with Imagewriter II and
(don't laugh) 2400 bps modem. Needless to say, I do most of my work here
at school.

Our high school, which has currently over 300 Macs is going IBM for the
office staff over this summer, and all Mac purchases have been put on hold
for one year until they see "...what's going to shake out with APPLE." If
the schools move away from Apple, is this the beginning of the end?

Even my wife abandoned the SE 30 at home and just bought a Toshiba 500 CS
laptop with which she is having a lot of fun.

Any recomendations for buying for the future here?

Thanks, David

David R. Thiessen FUN + PHYSICS = PHUN
Science Department PHYSICS IS PHUN !!
Deerfield High School
1959 North Waukegan Road Education increases your freedom
Deerfield, IL 60015 Because It Increases Your Options !!
Home phone (815) 337-2883
School phone (708) 405-8488 Education will enrich your life
Voice Mail (708) 374-3811 then *610 Even if it doesn't enhance your income !!
School Fax (708) 945-0970
Remember when students brought teachers
Apples instead of driving them bananas ??

dthiessn@nslsilus.org (Quote sources long forgotten)