Re: Computer life-span...

Gateway's attitude makes a great deal of sense for two reasons.

a - After three years, your computer will no longer be anywhere
near "state of the art", and computer companies want you to think that you
MUST drive a NEW CAR and use a NEW COMPUTER (I am driving an '88 Nova, and
my computer is a '486). In fact a three year old computer may have trouble
running the "latest and greatest" computer programs.

b- Almost any computer part that lasts three years will last
another thirty with no problem. A three year warrantee is sufficient.

If you want an additional FREE year warrantee, pay for the machine with a
GOLD VISA card - then save your receipts.