Re: HTML Symbols

Paul, et al., The symbols referenced below require "ARENA', which I don't
know about. Comments anyone???

All, there *are* abundant .gif symbols with transparent backgrounds at

http://www.anachem.umu.se/graphics/symbols/symbols.html (I didn't look at
the other graphics pages)

AND

http://donald.phast.umass.edu/kicon/greek.html

All of the above by the same umass group. They are small, but can be sized
via the WIDTH and HEIGHT attributes.

The problem for me is that while the backgrounds are transparent, the symbol
is black, and I have been using yellow on a crinkly blue background. I
don't know if it is possible to change the color of a .gif image. The Arena
symbols referenced above are HTML and will change color, but apparently not
in any common browser. What is Arena????

Now for an easy question: Which version of HTML does Netscape 3.0 support?
I don't even know if that is a rational question. (:-) But I am really
trying with this stuff. (:-) Somebody please help me out here.

JMGreen@sisna.com