Global Warming and Nuclear Winter

Just saw in the paper that the UN with the OK of the US will draft a
set of targets for greenhouse emmissions to be legally binding.
This decision is based on a report (of which I know nothing) based on
the work of 1000 scientists. FWIW

On Nuclear Winter--I now seem to recall that the faulty data had to do
with the minimum threshold (in megatons) rather than the general
principle (it was either Turco or Troon that goofed up). Anyone have
definitive memories on this? If Sagen predicted serious global
'nuclear winter' effects from Iraq then he wouldn't have been true to
his own NW model which requires the smoke and dust to be carried into
the stratosphere, so I AM sceptical that this was the nature of his
warning--but I didn't hear it. I also might suggest that the reason
one doesn't here much about NW anymore is as much a function of the
greatly diminished threat of a full scale nuclear war as it is that the
science has been debunked. As Dewey and I have pointed out, the
volcano and Mars data show the principle to be valid--its also the
cooling mechanism suggested in the boloid theory for dinasaur
extinctions. Seems to me that the question is how much smoke and dust
can be carried into the stratosphere under certain war scenarios: for
example--attacking cities has a higher potential than attacking
military targets.

I'm going on vacation so will abandon these threads. ;-)

Rick Tarara