RE: Multiple dimensions...

Hi all-
David Bowman writes:
Actually, the geometry of phase space is symplectic, not Euclidean.
David is (in part) making the technical observation that
it doesn't make sense to add a spatial vector to a momentum vector.
At a deeper level his comment gets us into differential geometry,
a topic that I was attempting to gloss over. So take my comments
as being mathemaatically precise in a vague, poetic sense that is
addressed only to "intuitive understanding" rather than anybody's
need to calculate anything.
Regards,
Jack