Re: gamma ray energies

Hi Steve:

You asked the following question:
I have a student doing a senior research project on gamma ray
spectroscopy, and we don't have a table of gamma energies in the
department. We may have a table in our library, but we aren't sure
yet. Does anyone out there in cyberspace know of a web site that
gives tables of gamma energies that could be used for spectroscopy?
I've checked one site that has a chart of the nuclides, but it gives
mostly cross section data. Can anyone point us to a table of
gamma energies? Many thanks.

There is a tremendous amount of information at the National Nuclear Data
Center Web site at:

http://necs01.dne.bnl.gov:80/nndc.html

You can down load a 60 Mbyte database called PCNudat that has virtually
anything you want to know about the isotopes and it can be searched in many
flexible ways. I have found it very useful!! You should be able to try it
out at NNDC to see if it is helpful. There is also another program
available online at NNDC called Gamquest that is quite helpful for gamma ray
info.

Steve Luzader
Frostburg State University
sluzader@fre.fsu.umd.edu