Aims of Freshman

I have put together the contributions from other readers and come up with
this as a suggested list of goals for Freshman Physics.

Goals for Freshman Elementary Classical Physics

After reading the goals, and they do sound good, I have a question. How
long
is this course? I've been personally trying to achieve these goals for
twenty plus years now and still haven't succeeded.

I was wondering the same thing. This sounded like a rather good statement
of the goals of a good Ph.D. program.

Personally, I think we need to get a little more realistic about what can be
accomplished in a year with freshman, a lot of whom probably got to the
class after being inadequately prepared in k-12.

Joel Rauber
rauberj@mg.sdstate.edu