Re: use of videos in class

I also use videos in my classes with several different purposes.
a-students learn to take notes effectively
b-use these notes in group activities
c-study notes for exams
d-categorize ideas into groups ie ethics, science, technology
e-introduce concepts not easily demonstratable
f-vary type of presentation
g-video of a experiment or image processing activity that the student
can pause analyze to understand more clearly.

Lately I have had the students video tape some of their presentations
and have these short videos (5-10 minutes) available for other classes and
students who were absent. That way many concepts can be shared across classes
and the students become more involved in the learning process.

Eric Flank
Freshman Physic/Chemistry
Tucson Magnet High School