Re: mcats

Pierre wrote:
Three years ago, I gave my students the answer cards for a 40-mc quiz. No
questions were given. They "guessed" the answers then I gave them the quiz
with a new answer card of course! SURPRISE..They scored less the second
time [guessing was 30%; answering was 24%]...

Dave wrote:
sounds like you're doing 'negative teaching.'

when i was in grad school, we had a professor who gave a MC exam
to a class of 350...

Well
35 students will not "guess" the same percentage as 350 students! When you
have a large population [350], the result is closer to 25% than a population
of 35!

About negative teaching..Could you explain more about it? I will appreciate
your input
Pierre