Re: 1957 Comet

I also have very vivid memories of this comet, though I thought it was 1958.
My recollection of the event is very clear, just my sense of time may be off.
I observed this comet for several nights from a small town in northern Wyoming
which had very little sky glow at that time (Worland, Wy).
Currently, From Tucson, Az on Monday night I could easily make out at least 10
deg of tail under rather poor seeing conditions. (on West side of Tucson, much
troubled with city lights)

Jim Goff
Pima Community College
Tucson, AZ