[Phys-L] Detector Design Question

Do we have any scintillator design experts in the group?
I've created something to identify heavy ions that one might see in low
earth orbit.

I've come up with a novel design for an arrangement of scintillators and
absorbers.
I'd be much obliged if someone with expertise would take a minute to listen
to an "elevator pitch."

I'll caution you that:
A) I've never designed such a thing before.
B) I just taught myself to use Geant and have no other experience with it.
C) I've not simulated readout from any electronics. Just assuming that
energy deposited in a scintillator is perfectly read out.

Paul