Re: [Phys-L] geiger counter

Thanks! This is very useful. I guess all geiger counters are "portable."
Just desiring something "small." I really just want to do "basic"
radiation with my students - Fiestaware, uranium glass, lantern mantles,
smoke detectors, radium watches, etc. And I wanted a speaker to hear the
clicks. Maybe I could do some shielding activities. Never done this before,
but have wanted to for years. Busy with other things.

I like the assembled kits (with tubes) at EG. I assume these will work
well. One with a speaker is important.

Found this one with an Altoids container:

https://www.glassicicles.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/41/products_id/223

Simple and portable! Seems to be of good quality, but also expensive. Maybe
it's more than I need.

I do have some of those yellow Civil Defense devices in a box. Not sure if
they work or if they have speakers.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 4:21 AM bernard cleyet via Phys-l <