Re: [Phys-L] Violation of Newton's third law in motile active agents?

 The issue appears to affect the anomalous behavior of microscopic entities in
a viscous environment. Geoffrey Taylor touched on the topic as early as 1951:
see  https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspa.1951.0218
He notes: " The dynamics of a body as small as a spermatozoon—say 5x 10-3 cm.
long with a tail 10~5cm. diameter—swimming in watermust, however, be completely
different from that of a fish..."
    On Monday, October 30, 2023 at 03:29:44 PM CDT, Prof. Keith S. Taber via