Re: [Phys-L] history of translation invariance ?

The movement of the axis of rotation of a body and its result on the moment of inertia

Not quite relevant to translation invariance is the effect of changing the axis of rotation from the axis through the centroid to some offset position.and its effect on moment of inertia.Known these days as the parallel axis theorem the effect was analysed by Huygens.