[Phys-L] A wave is a wave, is a wave, is a wave.

While we’re on the subject of ripple tanks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AOQU7_LiI <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AOQU7_LiI>

The end of the clip shows the cross section (elevation) view of the barrier construction.

Being a bit dim, I’m not certain this is an equivalent optical and nuclear barrier. Furthermore, it’s not clear that the evanescent nature of the transmitted wave is shown. I’d also want another clip showing frustration.

bc …. has two huge wax prisms, which he’s used to demonstrate their use at many AAPT sections meetings using X-band microwaves. He also has handed out glass (and plastic) prisms to show optical frustration using finger prints.

p.s. JD has referred to Feynman’s similar statement.