Re: [Phys-L] quantum physics

On 5/4/22 11:33 AM, Shahram Mostarshed via Phys-l wrote:
With high school students it's a good idea to start with the
particle-wave duality of light

Yes, and depending on their background, maybe start
even farther upstream, with plain old waves.

When I was in high school, I spent many many many
hours playing with a ripple tank. Later, when I started
doing quantum mechanics, this experience with waves was
invaluable.

There are ripple-tank videos, e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1swDP3fDg

but the real physical ripple tank is much better.