Re: [Phys-L] ungrading

I can’t believe this passed me. I was the advanced lab mgr. at an institution that had narrative grading, only. Finally, when the number of students became unwieldy, by an ~ 2:1 margin grades (0=>4.0) were instituted.

My excuse: age.

https://www.sfgate.com/education/article/UC-Santa-Cruz-To-Start-Using-Letter-Grades-2773570.php <https://www.sfgate.com/education/article/UC-Santa-Cruz-To-Start-Using-Letter-Grades-2773570.php>