[Phys-L] Worksheet, Physics, Inquiry

Roberto,

I have no experience with Physics Inquiry but I have done something close
to it. It is called "Interactive Lecture Demonstrations", aka ILDs. It was
originally created by Sokolov from University of Oregon and Thornton at
Tufts. Read:

D.R. Sokoloff and R.K. Thornton, "Using Interactive Lecture Demonstrations
to Create an Active Learning Environment", Phys. Teacher, 35, 340 (1997).

I used the ILDs at Brown with great success. The students are asked a
question before a demo is performed and they're asked to fill out a
'prediction sheet'. Then demo data is presented live, when a demo is
performed.
Also, Andrew Duffy developed ILDs at BU, which you can read here:
http://buphy.bu.edu/~duffy/ILD.html

The ILD method is very similar to the famous body of work created by the
now retired Dick Berg called the 'Physics Question Of The Week'. A demo is
shown and described but not performed. An insightful or clever question is
first posed and various choices of possible outcomes are offered. Then the
demo is performed. The archive is here:
https://lecdem.physics.umd.edu/images/ArchivedWebsite/outreach/QOTW/active/questions.htm

Hope this helps. - JZ

--