[Phys-L] Explaining Gyro Force to Motorcyclists

I expect Bill has in mind the counter steer or sometimes counter lean used to improve the time delay for onset of turning. The wiki article or really articles - "Bicycle and motorcycle dynamics" which offers one hundred elevent references to the literature, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_dynamics

and "Countersteering" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersteering
offer notes on this method of avoiding obstacles when moving fast.Both gyroscopic effects and trail of the front fork have been over-emphasized in the past in connection with steering - which effects are now  largely discounted.
Brian W