Re: [Phys-L] Explaining Gyro Force to Motorcyclists

Rod Cross did something many years ago in AJP.
Countersteering is the biker keyword. The effect should be taught to
make high speed lane changes, and I’m not in accord with your hypothesis.

Keep the rubber side down, Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, AAPT Fellow & Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
SAMC278 BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> Physics Graduate Coordinator;
Editor: The Science Teachers Bulletin (STANYS)