Re: [Phys-L] re Bayesian Inference in Half-Life measurement

I've not used the Cs-137 "cow". Frankly, it seem best to stay away from
so-called "smearable" sources.

We also do neutron activation with thin indium foils to determine the
absolute neutron flux. This even includes a thin Cadmium shield to block
the thermal neutrons and get the flux from the fast neutrons. And we
correct for the neutron depletion inside the thin sample. Maybe the lesson
goal is, "absolute measurements are hard."

Paul