[Phys-L] a counterintuition: please examine

If my derivation is correct W/O confounding approximations, adding mass to a driven pendulum causes a decrease in amplitude. Horologists have long known that adding mass does not increase the Q, at least in their experience. More correctly, that is, if I’m correct, it at least decreases the amplitude, the opposite of what an increase in Q would cause.

http://cleyet.org/Pendula,%20Horological%20and%20Otherwise/Bob's%20mass%20affects%20driven%20pendulum's%20amplitude_/Amplitude(bob%20mass).1.key.pdf

So am I “all wet”?

bc … too often naive. And requests at the suggestion of Antti S.