Re: [Phys-L] Physics, seasons, and temperature.

On 2021/Mar/24, at 22:00, John Denker via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

You
can see that famously balmy places that are pretty far south by
European standards have latitudes that would be considered unbalmy
and pretty far north elsewhere.

Yes I was amazed at how balmy Cornwall was when I visited starting from the Potteries (N.Staffordshire).

When I first went to England (late Summer ’66) from NY City it quickly turned cold (I froze on deck.) until we neared England which was comfy. That my friend the Labs mgr. would golf after dinner impressed me on how far North we were.