[Phys-L] NGSS and kinematics

Good morning,
I’ve been working on hs physical science standards that align with NGSS and I noted that there is nothing about kinematics in NGSS. Does anyone know why that is? I hope it isn’t because they think it was adequately covered in middle school or elementary, because as we know that is generally not the case.

best,

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Retired Professor of Physics
Co-Director, Northern Indiana Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Collaborative (NISMEC)
Consultant I-STEM Network
574-276-8294
inquirybellina@comcast.net