Re: [Phys-L] Blue color heated steel

There is extensive litt. on the three iron oxides’ optical props in the vis. and near IR.

One of them even mentions in the XXX interference colour (thickness, etc.)

https://analyticalsciencejournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/sia.2219 <https://analyticalsciencejournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/sia.2219>

Unfortunately, I haven’t pressured the UCSC library to give me access serials privilege, which I lost when they changed to password type access. I am a life member of the AAPT, so I’ll see if they have an(my) article(s) on iron oxides opt. props. (close to the subject of my disst.!)

bc …. working on it.