Re: [Phys-L] Bayesian Inference in Half-Life measurement

On 9/21/21 10:28 AM, Paul Nord wrote:

Two questions:
1. If we record the number of counts observed with a geiger tube at
discrete periods within the decay, is this approach still valid? Say that
I've got a sample with a 52 hour half life. I come back about once a day,
fire up the good old geiger tube and measure the activity for 10 minutes.
Can I just use that number of counts as the power of a probability function
to multiply through here?