[Phys-L] analemma and equation of time

Hi --

In honor of the upcoming equinox:

We have previously discussed the analemma (i.e. the position of
the sun in the noonday sky) and the equation of time.

I made a *much* improved diagram, and wrote up the discussion as
a web page:
https://www.av8n.com/physics/analemma.htm

If anybody is interested in playing with this, I have a python
program that does all the relevant calculations, including the
coordinate grid lines (which are a pain to calculate). It's
based on Skyfield library routines. (There are other packages
out their, but they seem to be nowhere near as nice.)

Also, a javascript countdown timer:
https://www.av8n.com/physics/equinox-timer.html