Re: [Phys-L] tutorial on exponential mixtures -Erratum

Upon a rereading I noticed an accidental error in a statement I made in an earlier post on June 4. The error made the statement say the opposite of what I intended to say. I erroneously said "A log-normal distribution is also the minimal entropy distribution for a positive random variable which has given fixed values for the first 2 moments of its logarithm (or its geometric mean & geometric mean square)". But what I meant to say was "A log-normal distribution is also the *maximal*entropy distribution for a positive random variable which has given fixed values for the first 2 moments of its logarithm (or its geometric mean & geometric mean square)".

Dave Bowman