Re: [Phys-L] tutorial on exponential mixtures

On 6/4/2020 11:02 PM, David Bowman wrote:
In my previous post when I said I found it "remarkable about the statistics of this pandemic is the unreasonable effectiveness of the cumulative *log-normal* family of model distributions in fitting the cumulative death data for the US & some other countries " I should have qualified the remark with the words "so far" since I expect the heretofore "unreasonable effectiveness" of a log-normal model to become quite *in*effective once the consequences of the recent nationwide surge in the lack of social distancing shows up in the composite death data.

Dave Bowman