Re: [Phys-L] Video Analysis of Album Cover Flight and Glider Stall

I looked at the trajectory, and didn't see the expected recovery from the dive as air speed rises which could lead to a repeated stall.  It seems that this could be the flight profile of an air vehicle with a C of G well behind its center of lift so that it cannot regain airspeed or an aircraft that stalls into an un-recovered spin. This DID remind me of the path of a boomerang, which slowly climbs while circling out of the wind, followed by a steep slow descent near the start point, so that people who throw them can often catch them between clasped hands.

Brian W