Re: [Phys-L] non-linear ears.

That's amazing hearing range for a human.

The web site http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/ offers "Mosquito Ring
Tones." The theory is that the higher pitches can't be heard by your
teachers. Kids can set their phones to ring at these frequencies and get
away with receiving notifications in class because their teachers cannot
hear them.

What's interesting is that the standard hearing test you might get from a
doctor only goes up to 8 kHz. They apparently don't consider hearing loss
above those frequencies to be important.

Paul