Re: [Phys-L] mon-linear ears.

Off the top: A compact reflex horn loudspeaker sometimes used for public address.
Brian W
On Friday, October 9, 2020, 06:38:47 AM CDT, Bill Norwood via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

What is a beam Tannoy?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2020, at 2:35 AM, bernard cleyet <bernard@cleyet.org> wrote:

A friend reminded me of a demo. at the Naval Postgrad. School, wherein an ultrasonic speaker generated wave is voice modulated in order to produce a rather narrow bean Tannoy.  I presume it works by the ear’s being non-linear in amplitude response.  Any idea if it would work W/a hearing aid that has no gain above about 8k Hz?

bc  whose hearing is about 60 dB down.