Re: [Phys-L] Mathematical Curiosity

A statement of the «curiosity», and the refutation, can be
found here, with no login required:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/age-birth-year/

On 8/31/19 10:38 AM, bernard cleyet wrote:

You must login to continue.

Yeah, that's no fun.
bc doesn’t “do” any of those mind numbing.

1) That's a good policy in general.

The problem with puzzles and games is even if you win,
it's still just a game. I lost interest in such things
as soon as I was old enough to work on real problems,
where people cared about the answer, where solving the
puzzle made the world a better place.

2) Furthermore: FB in particular is a security and privacy
nightmare of apocalyptic proportions.

Even more general rule: Whenever some big tech company
offers you a "free" service, you're not the customer;
you're the product.