Re: [Phys-L] Water Slide Video & drag force

On 2019/Aug/13, at 14:43, Paul Nord <Paul.Nord@valpo.edu> wrote:

Those are
designed with a huge drag force that aerodynamically pushes the car down to
the ground.

Like the “fake” gridiron rods in clocks, spoilers on street legals are only to impress.

According to some search responses, the spoiler may decrease the Cp in addition to reducing lift at the rear. There’s net lift, because the underside is flat and close to the road.

The agent at the dealer said, My Toy. Prime’s low clearance is to decrease drag. A “pain”. GK must exit the ’bile to indicate when I’m about to ruin the body from the high curb. It’s alread cost $$$.

bc awaits JD’s corrections.

Incidentally, the Chrysler air flow was copied from the VW Beetle or visa-versa. (Sci. Am. article back in the fifties or sixties)