Re: [Phys-L] explanation (was: causation)

I would go with false. You need things like conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum as well. The Pauli exclusion principle plays an important role in all of what you mention, including the contact forces between material objects.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org> On Behalf Of John Denker
via Phys-l
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 4:28 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Cc: John Denker <jsd@av8n.com>
Subject: [Phys-L] explanation (was: causation)

Quiz question:

1) ☐ True, or ☐ False: Attraction and repulsion between electric charges at
the atomic scale explain the structure, properties, and transformations of
matter, as well as the contact forces between material objects.

2) Explain your answer. How do you know?

For my answer + discussion, see next message.