Re: [Phys-L] causality

This is an interesting conversation!

Perhaps it’s naive to think it, but I feel that when you can write something like:

dp/dt = Fnet

it means that the *future* p depends on Fnet and p *now*. So:

p_future = p_now + Fnet_now*dt

So I think one could argue that p_now and Fnet_now “cause” p_future, and not the other way around.

no?

What’s the trouble with such a point of view?

-steve