[Phys-L] math notation puzzles

Some puzzle questions:

1) Some computer languages use ^ as the exponentiation
operator. In that case, what is the numerical value of:
-3​^​2

How do you know?
How sure are you?

2) Some computer languages use ** as the exponentiation
operator. In that case, what is the numerical value of:
-3**2

How do you know?
How sure are you?

3) What is the numerical value of:
3⋅3 + 4⋅4

How do you know?
How sure are you?

==============
For each question:

-- I have an answer in mind.
-- I expect that after the dust settles, there will be
near-universal agreement as to the right answer.
-- There is a reason for asking the question.
-- I have not done anything to make it trickier than it
needs to be.
-- You are warned that the question might not be as easy
as it initially appears. That is to say, there is a
certain amount of irreducible trickiness.