[Phys-L] Rewriting QM paper

Hi,

I just noticed a paper on QM which was written by two of my former
students. They state that they have succeeded in rewriting some laws of QM
using stochastic methods. Neither of the authors are working in the field
of QM; the other author has a PhD in medical physics. At any rate, I find
their work interesting, although I cannot say anything about the validity
of their paper. I'd be grateful for comments on their paper:

https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-56357-3

BTW, some years ago another former student (Markus Rissanen) succeeded in
solving a math problem posed by Sir Roger Penrose. Markus wrote his PhD
thesis on arts...so he needed help from a mathematics professor in
formalizing the proof. I suppose it is very rare to make a contribution in
mathematics (or physics) outside the field. The link below is to the
preprint; the paper was published in a journal later on.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1512.01402

Regards,

Antti Savinainen, PhD
Finland