Re: [Phys-L] really using a barometer to measure heights at a construction site

First:

Geologists use(d) an extremely high resolution aneroid barometer. I had an aviation one with 10 foot labeled dial resolution. It was spot on (once I’d calibrated w/ the first sign) on my way to skying at Clair Tappan (Sierra Club at Donner pass).

The twin tube suggests a method to thermally correct for the density variation.

The crude method to supply quickly hot water from a central heater is a circulator. Using the second tube, pump, a temp. sensor, and a software correction, will do it, no?

bc, … has a single pipe hot water supply upstairs. It’s a pump at the tank that forces the hot thru a check valve (upstairs bath) into the cold pipe. Has a timer, so energy (thermal and electric) is “conserved”.